19th Century Australian cedar shop display cupboard, made for the “Old Adaminaby” general store in 1861.
Having two glass panelled doors and a centre glass panel enclosing a central shelf, above three deep drawers with brass swan neck handles then a shaped hinged door to a storage compartment with shaped panels to the sides, resting on a shaped plinth base.
Note: The entire construction is from cedar, the carved and gold painted highlights are possibly of German influence, with iron handles to both sides. The piece was sold in 1950 when the town became part of the Snowy River Mountain Scheme and has been garaged since.
H. 6’ 5” - 196 cm
W. 5’ 6” - 169 cm
D. 2’ 1” - 64 cm